Favorite Traveller Character?

Wax poetical about our favorite sci-fi RPG, Traveller!
Gatsby Seeker

Easter Egg
Term 1
Medals: 1
Player Locator: Not enrolled in the Player Locator

Re: Favorite Traveller Character?

Post by Gatsby Seeker » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:46 pm

J’nuth ‘Gatsby’ Seeker. 8B8E95 (very clever)
I forget the details on skills, but Pilot-3

A 1/2 Darrian, 1/2 Solomani he grew up with low social. Joined the navy, got busted for plundering. Got lucky when a hijacker and crew wiped each other out on a merchant he was crewing. He worked the border of Darrian/Imperium/Sword Worlds with the re-fitted merchant ship. Ship was Heavy armor, good agility, 2xtriple beam turret. J2 M3. Two passenger staterooms and 10 tons cargo. It’s function was like an armored car for mail, VIPs or sensitive cargo.

His nav (Sehia Sephony Goggin) was a darrian he rescued from a vagr raider. She had a psi talent for clairvoyance and the raider figured a way to hook her into the nav system for improved agility and nav. She was little more than a slave for them but now navs for Gats’ (but rarely used the hook up system).
His engineer was a baroness who fled a bad marriage in the Five Sisters sector. Her planet was very rigidly formal with long names and no fun. But divorce involved being able to kill your spouse in a free range combat and the Baron was a beast. She tried and tried but couldn’t beat him. She fled. Stored away on the ship. She’s a talented tech, so she got the job. Her full name is (l think) Dharshamannayakkarov Aldonannininian Drescolavra. The crew calls her ‘dash’ (or just - ) to tease her.

They had years of adventure, rivals, ‘friendly’ bases, business entanglements and the Fifth Frontier War playing out in the JTAS with each new issue.

The best. Time.

Now this card game lets me have some of that fun again —- yes, I made custom cards. Gats gives +3 Init, Goggin can exert to trade Psi token for Starship Ops or +1 Defense. Dash can exert to defend crew like Armor-1. The ship trades cargo and internals for attack and def and can exert for military (makes some missions tough - but I put in some helpful connections).

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals: 2
Player Locator: Enrolled in the Player Locator

Post by Horizon Jeff » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:11 pm

Custom :crew is really cool!

Gatsby Seeker

Easter Egg
Term 1
Medals: 1

Post by Gatsby Seeker » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 am

I’m not sure of balance (might be light):

J’Nuth Gatsby Seeker :crew
Scoundrel, Mercenary — :species Human
:credit2 1 :ev 3 :wounds
:starops+ :underworld-
Text: Gain +3 :initiative
“Oooh....I have an idea...you’ll hate it.”

Sehia Sephony Goggin :crew
Independent, Altruistic — :species Darrian
:credit1 1 :ev 3 :wounds
:psionic-
Text: Humaniti
Action Phase.
:action - :exert , :credit1 : Gain :social- or :starops- until end of round
:action - :exert : Spend Goggin’s :psionic- and Gain +1 :dv
until end of round.
“My gift enslaved me. I was equipment. Never again.”

‘Dash’. :crew
Gear head, Noble — :species Human
:credit3 1 :ev 3 :wounds
:tech+
:reaction - :exert : Target any one
:crew or :upgrade on Dash’s ship.
Reduce each incoming damage to that
target’s :wounds or :structure by 1 until end of round.
“It’s actually Dharshamyannayakkarov Aldronaninian Dresscolarvra.”

ANE Pulsar-Phoenix :ship
Mercantile — Tonnage: 260
:initiative 3 :jump 2 :av 1 :dv 1
:cargopassenger
4 :crew 1 :computer 1 :hardpoint
1 :hull 1 :internal
Text: :reaction - :exert : Gain 1 :military
“We’ll get through. But it could get rough.”

Alasdair M Gunn

Post by Alasdair M Gunn » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:54 pm

My favorite is one of my 1st I rolled up back in the fall of 1977, had a long military career and survived many adventures.

I later edited his history by going over my old notes and re-creating him with the MegaTraveller service progression, awards, skills and benefits.

Here is a link to the Imperial Encyclopedia article about his career and accomplishments, up to the point of retirement from his military career and before he interacted with other characters in a scenario setting. I had also added in spiffs I got from the 2 T5 Kickstarts I backed, which Marc attached to this character.

https://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Alasdair_Morgan_Gunn

Cpt Ric

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Twitter
Term 3
Medals: 7

Post by Cpt Ric » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:37 am

I used to create characters with names starting with Star<>. Like Starhunter, Startmaster, and the like. My favorite was StarLost. Little low on intelligent but strong and agile, very good for :combat+ . Not good at navigating no :starops+ for him!! Had a blast play him oh so many years ago. :military :subplot :D

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals: 2

Post by Horizon Jeff » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:37 am

Cpt Ric wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:37 am
I used to create characters with names starting with Star<>. Like Starhunter, Startmaster, and the like. My favorite was StarLost. Little low on intelligent but strong and agile, very good for :combat+ . Not good at navigating no :starops+ for him!! Had a blast play him oh so many years ago. :military :subplot :D
If naming is destiny, his planet bound sibling curses having been dubbed Starless!

Cpt Ric

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Twitter
Term 3
Medals: 7

Post by Cpt Ric » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:52 pm

Horizon Jeff wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:37 am
Cpt Ric wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:37 am
If naming is destiny, his planet bound sibling curses having been dubbed Starless!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: